Measuring the Job Satisfaction Level of Housekeeping Personnel
This study aims to measure the job satisfaction level of housekeeping personnel. Ninety two cleaning workers employed in a factory in Izmir and in a
government agency in Ankara constituted the scope of this study. The Minnesota Job Satisfaction Index was used to measure the job satisfaction level of housekeeping personnel. Data analysis was done by SPSS 11.5. According to the results of the study, the highest level of job satisfaction is found among employees aged between 20-30 years (mean: 4.13). The employees who receive in-service training have higher level of job satisfaction (mean: 4.02) than those who do not take in-service training. The study found that there is a positive correlation between job satisfaction levels and reason for choosing this job and opportunities for promotion.
||Job Satisfaction, Housekeeping employee, Minnesota Satisfaction Questionnaire
International Journal of the Humanities, Volume 8, Issue 11, pp.9-20.
Article: Print (Spiral Bound).
Article: Electronic (PDF File; 623.042KB).
Associate Professor, Hacettepe University Faculty of Economics & Administrative Sciences Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Dr. Oya Hazer is an Associate Professor of Family and Consumer Sciences at Hacettepe University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences. She teaches in the undergraduate and graduate programs in the areas of ergonomics and aging. Dr. Hazer’s research interests include household equipment and ergonomics, housing storage and ergonomics, and ergonomics in the home. She has published in a variety of journals and congress. Some of them are:
- Hazer, O., “Household Equipment. An Ergonomics Approach for Handicapped People”, I. International Care Congress, 02-08 May, Istanbul, 2005
- Hazer, O., S.S., Erel, “The Determination of The Design Needs of Housing Storage Areas by an Ergonomics Approach”, Standart Ekonomik ve Teknik Dergi, 38:452; 55-63, (1999).
- Hazer, O., “The Importance of Ergonomics in the Home”, Tüketici Bülteni (Consumer Bulletin), yıl: 11, sayı: 132, Temmuz, 1999
- Hazer, O., “Ergonomics Design of Household Equipment”, Tüketici Bülteni (Consumer Bulletin), yıl: 11, sayı: 132, Temmuz, 1999
- Hazer, O., “Household Equipment. An Ergonomics Approach for Elderly People”. Second International Aging Congress, 299-304, 9-12 Nisan, Denizli, 2003.
- Terzioğlu, G., S. Güven, O. Hazer, H. Öztop, A. Şener, “Social and Economic Life in Old Age”, the Facts about Elderly. A Study on Health Conditions, Physical Activities and Social Lives of Individuals Over 65 Years of Age, ed. J. Troesi and Y.G. Kutsal, International Institution Aging with support of Hacettepe University Scientific Research Unit, 2004.
- Hazer, O., V. Kılınç, “Study on technology usage of Elderly in Daily Living”, III. Aging Congress, 16-19 Kasım, İzmir, 2005
Research Assistant, Hacettepe University Faculty of Economics & Administrative Sciences Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
There are currently no reviews of this product.
Write a Review